Wellness and Fitness Services
About the job
Title: Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
Location: DocGo HQ- 35 West 35th Street, New York, NY 1000
Pay Rate: $18/hr-$22/hr
Employment Type: Full-Time, Hourly, Monday-Friday Schedule
Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision (with company contribution), Paid Time Off, 401k
DocGo is transforming healthcare with peerless innovation and on-the-ground care. Our mobile workforce of thousands of full-time traveling clinicians and our proprietary, AI-powered software leverages robust medical record integrations to drastically improve patient outcomes. In our tireless pursuit of high-quality, highly affordable healthcare for all, DocGo makes the impossible possible. We’re revolutionizing the delivery of healthcare and we need a Medical Billing and Coding Specialist to join us!
We are searching for a skilled experienced Medical Billing and Coding Specialist to assist with our Mobile Health billing team. Candidate must be able to work both independently and, in a team, setting. A high degree of confidentiality, the ability to work under pressure, problem solve in a fast-paced environment, a professional demeanor, deadline-driven, and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate will interact with all levels of staff within the office, as well as external professionals and payers.
- Utilize standard coding guidelines, principles, and coding to assign the appropriate ICD-10, CPT (Current Procedural Terminology) and HCPC (Health Common Procedure Coding System) codes for all record types to ensure accurate reimbursement and to determine the level of acuity. Review coding for accuracy and completeness prior to submission to billing system utilizing CCI edits
- Apply modifiers as needed. LMRP (Local Medical Review Policy)/NCCI (National Correct coding Initiative) edit and coding denial resolution
- Ensure codes are accurate and sequenced correctly in accordance with government and insurance regulations
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines including HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medicaid, and other payer requirements
- Maintaining patient confidentiality as per the HCPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability act)
- Communicate with other insurance companies about coding errors and disputes
- Monitor and resolve coding edits and denials in a timely manner to ensure optimal reimbursement
- Receive and review patient medical documents for accuracy
- Obtaining referrals and pre-authorizations as required for procedures
- Checking eligibility and benefits verification for treatments and procedures
- Preparing, reviewing, and transmitting claims using billing software, including 837/835 electronic files and paper claim processing
- High School Diploma, GED or Associates degree preferred
- Completion of Medical Billing/Coding certification preferred
- Proficiency with electronic medical records (EMR) and (HER)
- Minimum of 5 years of medical coding experience
- Knowledge of Telehealth and Roster Billing preferred
- Strong knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology
- Familiarity with ICD-10 codes and CPT/HCPC codes
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- MS excel knowledge preferred
- Able to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
DocGo is an equal opportunity employer.
We acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We pledge ourselves to crafting and maintaining an environment that respects diverse traditions, heritages, and experiences. DocGo is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the applicant a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of this position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of the position.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.