Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Accounts Receivable Medical Billing Specialists facilitate the initial process in the Accounts Receivable department. The Medical Billing Specialist will analyze client completed Service Requisition forms, determine appropriate charge categories and transcribe pertinent data into the Patient Maintenance on-line database. As needed, Medical Billing Specialists will use job aids to select appropriate charges and use manual and on-line resources to research missing data. Medical Billing Specialists will retrieve database records; correct any errors identified by the Order Entry Edit report and ensure accurate, neat, timely, and quality completion of all transactions.
- Obtain Service Requisition forms for processing.
- Review a variety of data and perform data entry.
- Sort and file completed requisition forms by date of service.
- Perform accurate sorting and filing of completed transactions.
- Maintain a daily report of all completed transactions.
- Develop strong data entry skills, with the ability to meet production guidelines as set by A/R department policy.
- Interact effectively with Team Leads and Supervisor to resolve complex issues.
- Must have the ability to stay focused and perform job duties efficiently and accurately.
- Employee must comply with Sonic Healthcare USA compliance policy, practices, and procedures.
- Duties include but are not limited to the above mentioned responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of computer technology and terminology
- Ability to type and demonstrate 10 key proficiency
- Perform duties in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the company, with patients and physician office staff
- Possess effective work habits and ability to build/maintain work relationships
- Ability to read and comprehend English
- Ability to work under deadlines
- High School diploma or GED
- Typing (min 55 wpm) and 10 Key
- 6 months data entry experience or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience with medical/insurance billing
- Customer service experience
- Bilingual speaking skills/Spanish
- Experience in multitasking environment
- Light to moderate physical effort (lift/carry 5 to 50 lbs.)
- Extensive computer work
- Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking
- Reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching to handle/file documents
- Manipulation of tools, objects and equipment: pushing, pulling, reaching (above shoulder height), grasping, pinching (thumb and forefinger) and twisting with hand and wrist
- Frequent use of telephone and fax
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
1st Shift (United States of America)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.whnt.com.